“…but exhorting one another: and so much the more as ye see the day approaching” Heb. 10:25
Is Water Baptism Into Christ Essential To One’s Salvation?
Many in the world do not think water baptism into Christ Jesus is essential to one’s salvation. False teaching on this subject is worldwide! The Scriptures of God teach the opposite. Notice the following points with me. Water Baptism Is Essential And…
· Stated by Christ. “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damned” Mark 16:16.
· Commanded by Christ unto salvation. “All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you and lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen” Matthew 28: 18-20.
· Stated by the apostle Peter. “Baptism doth now save us” I Peter 3:21.
· Commanded by the apostle Peter. “Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord” Acts 10: 47-48.
· For the remission of sins. “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost” Acts 2:38.
· Is a burial & resurrection into Christ. “Know ye not that so many of us were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into His death? Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death; that like as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life” Ro. 6:3-4.
· Is for putting the baptized believer into Christ and His Church To Be Saved. “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ” Galatians 3: 26-27. “And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved” Acts 2:47.
These are more than enough Bible Scriptures that teaches water baptism into Christ is essential for one’s salvation. So if you have not obeyed, why tarriest thou? – J. Brown