“The fool has said in his heart there is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good” Psalm 14:1. How much do you believe in and of God? Wise enough to love and obey Him? Matthew 22:37.
1. Many in the past and present and most likely in the future have and will deny the reality and presence of Almighty God.
2. To do so is to be a fool. “The fool has said in his heart, there is no God” Psalm 14:1-4.
3. This lesson of the evidence that “God Is” will be taken from God’s Own Divine Word, the Bible.
4. We will look at some of God’s Divine Attributes and how they are involved in everything and everyone.
I. God Is Omnipotent.
A. In the Hebrew, the title of “God Almighty” is written as “El Shaddai”.
B. This title speaks of God’s ultimate power over all things and people.
C. In God’s Word, His Power is described.
1. God spoke the universe into existence. Genesis 1:3.
2. God spoke of Himself as the. “Almighty God” Genesis 17:1-3.
3. Possessor (Creator) of heaven and earth. Genesis 1:1, 14:19.
4. Builder of all things. Hebrews 3:4.
5. King Nebuchadnezzar said of God. He is the King of heaven. Daniel 4:37.
6. God spoke of Himself. “Behold I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is there anything too hard for Me” Jeremiah 32:27.
7. Jeremiah said of God’s power. Jeremiah 10: 10-15.
8. Jude penned: He is the only wise God. Jude 24.
9. Abraham called on the eternal God. Genesis 21:33.
10. Solomon said God is the maker of all things. Ecclesiastes 11:5.
11. Paul wrote that God is able to do abundantly all that we ask or think. Ephesians 3:20.
12. Recorded of old that God performs wonders and miracles that we cannot fathom. Job 9:10.
13. The Psalmist said that: God’s Power is unlimited. He does whatever He pleases. Psalm 115:3.
14. God answers to no man in regards to His plans and purposes. Read Daniel 4:35.
D. When we read Scriptures such as the ones above, we are struck with awe for God (Psalm 3:8), respect (Matthew 21:12-13) fear and obedience (Ecclesiastes 12: 13-14), love (Matthew 22:37) and love and obedience (John 14:15) because of God’s power and might. Because of who God Is!
E. Let us read Deuteronomy 10: 12-22. As we conclude this point concerning the omnipotence of God.
II. The Omnipresence of God.
A. We must accept to believe that God is everywhere.
B. An atheist once asked a believer of God “Where is God”? The believer of God replied “Where is He not”?
C. David penned; “Whither shall I go from thy Spirit? Or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold thou art there. If I take wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me, even the night shall be a light about me. Yea the darkness hideth not from Thee: but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee. For thou has possessed my reins: thou has t covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise thee: for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works: and that my soul knoweth right well” Psalm 139: 7-14.
D. Jehovah God spoke of His ever presence. “Am I a God at hand, saith the Lord, and not a God afar off? Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? Saith the Lord. Do I not fill heaven and earth: saith the Lord” Jeremiah 23: 23-24. Just ask Jonah about this!
E. Paul teaching the Athenians of their “Unknown God” said; “That they should seek the Lord if haply (in hope of) they might feel (grope for) after Him and find Him, though he be not far from every one of us: for in Him we live, and move, and have our being” Acts 17: 27-28.
F. There are lessons concerning the omnipresence of God.
1. There is great comfort we can draw from ever presence.
a. “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble” Psalm 46:1.
b. “yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me” Psalm 23:4.
c. “and be content with such things as ye have; for He hath said, I will never leave thee nor forsake thee” Hebrews 13:5
2. Man cannot escape God’s ever presence.
a. Adam and Eve when they tried to hide in the Garden from God after disobeying Him. Genesis 3: 8-19.
b. Jonah learned this lesson when he attempted to flee from God and His command. Jonah 1: 1-17.
c. Jesus knew the vain statement of Thomas. John 20:24-29.
3. We can be excluded from God’s presence.
a. When we live in sin, walk in disobedience, we are separated from God’ presence here and for eternity without repentance of man from sin.
b. “Behold the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save: neither His ear heavy, that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid His face from you, that He will not hear” Isaiah 59:1-2.
c. “I tell you, nay: but except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish” Luke 13:3.
d. “And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity” Matthew 7:21.
III. God Is Omniscient (Ever Wise- Knowledgeable) God.
A. No man can ever aspire to be a wise as God. Not the gurus on the mountain top, nor the monks in the monasteries’, nor any man -made anointed wise men of the world.
B. Remember Eve who ate of the forbidden fruit of the tree of to know what God knew, even to be as God. Genesis 3: 1-7. Remember what happen to Adam and Eve?
C. Remember the folks who wanted to build a tower to whose top would reach heaven so they could make themselves a name. Remember what God did to them? Genesis 11: 1-9.
D. The preaching of the cross for some is foolishness. Some deem the wisdom of men to be greater than the wisdom of God. I Corinthians 1: 18-24.
E. “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts” Isaiah 55:8-9.
F. “the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men” I Corinthians 1:25.
IV. Consider These Other Terms That God Is.
A. God is a Spirit. John 4: 23-24.
B. God is Just and Right. Deuteronomy 32:4.
C. God is Mercy and Longsuffering. II Chronicles 30:9. II Peter 3:9
D. God is Love. I John 4: 8-16. John 3:16.
E. God is True. II Corinthians 1:18.
F. God is Able. II Corinthians 9:8.
G. God is Rich In Mercy. Ephesians 2:4.
H. God is One. Galatians 3:20.
I. God is Witness. I Thessalonians 2:5.
J. God is a Consuming Fire. Hebrews 12:29.
K. God is Light. I John 1:5.
L. God is Good, Ready to Forgive, Plenteous in Mercy.
M. God is Gracious, Slow to Anger. Psalm 103:8.
N. God is greater than our heart. I John 3:20.
1. Just by looking at these three points of God’s power, presence and wisdom, alone, we surely can have a better understanding that “God Is”.
2. “But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He Is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him” Hebrews 11:6.
3. “I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I Am He, ye shall die in your sins” John 8:24.
4. So now do you believe, or perhaps been reminded once again that “God Is”?
Consider the following Scriptures concerning the reality of God’s existence.
· God Is The Creator. Genesis 1:1.
· God Is My Strength. II Samuel 22:35.
· God Is Mighty. Job 36:5.
· God Is Great. Job 36:26.
· God Is Lord. Psalm 33:12, 144:15, Psalm 23:12.
· God Is Our Refuge. Psalm 46:1, 62:8.
· God Is King. Psalm 47:7, 74:12.
· God Is My Defense. Psalm 59:9, 17.
· God Is My Salvation and Glory. Psalm 62:7, Isaiah 12:2.
· God Is Good. Psalm 73:1.
· God Is To Be Greatly Feared. Psalm 76:7, Hebrews 10:31.
· God Is Holy. Isaiah 5:16.
· God Is A Spirit. John 4:24.
· God Is My Witness. Romans 1:9.
· God Is For Us. Romans 8:31.
· God Is Able. Romans 14:4, Matthew 3:9.
· God Is True. II Corinthians 1:18.
· God Is A Rewarder Of Them That Diligently Seek Him. Hebrews 11:6.
· God Is A Consuming Fire. Hebrews 12:20.
· God Is Light. I John 1:5.
· God Is Greater Than Our Heart. I John 3:20.
· God Is Love. I John 4:8, 16, John 3:16.